Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Nicole Nemer <Ni...@rms.com> on 2016/05/27 14:35:56 UTC

char types in c and ipc in java

  1.  does cpp/ipc support char/string types?  If not - when please?
  2.  Is there a java implementation of the ipc feature please?  If not - when please?
  3.  Is it easy to join and help as a contributor?  I would love to help with these 2 items if they are planned for the near future.

Thanks,
Nicki
-
Nicole Nemer, PhD
Technical Architect/Dev Manager

Re: char types in c and ipc in java

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
More design work is needed on the metadata specification -- I would
not use either codebase as a reference for doing a different
implementation until the specification / format documents are complete
enough to enable a "clean room" implementation.

I will leave Steven or Jacques from the Drill side to comment on ways
to jump into the Java code.

- Wes

Posted by Kiril Menshikov <km...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wes,