Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/11/02 07:22:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.1 based on RC1

Hi all,

Commons Compress 1.3 has just been released and based on it the Compress
Antlib now supports Zip64 extensions (ZIPs > 4 GByte), Pack200 and can
extract Unix dump files.

This changes means the Compress Antlib now requires Java5 at runtime.

svn tag:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/antlibs/compress/tags/1_1_RC1/

distribution files:
    http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/compress-antlib-1.1RC1/

    This includes a new binary distribution -withdeps that is identical
    to the "normal" binary distribution plus commons-compress-1.3.jar.

Maven artifacts:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-138/org/apache/ant/ant-compress/1.1/

Should this be released as the Compress Antlib 1.1?

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours (closing no earlier than
November 5th, 0630 UTC).

Building Antlibs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.1 based on RC1)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-02, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Just a note: it would be great to have a doc about some building
> instructions. There would be not much to say, basically add
> commons-compress to Ant's classpath and run "ant package", but it
> avoids searching in the build.xml how the classpath is setup.

Basically all antlibs are built the same: make sure you have your
dependencies in -lib or CLASSPATH and the use a given set of targets.  I
agree this could be documented better.  antlibs/commons/trunk likely is
the best place for this - I'll look into it.

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.1 based on RC1

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 2 nov. 2011 à 07:22, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Commons Compress 1.3 has just been released and based on it the Compress
> Antlib now supports Zip64 extensions (ZIPs > 4 GByte), Pack200 and can
> extract Unix dump files.
>
> This changes means the Compress Antlib now requires Java5 at runtime.
>
> svn tag:
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/antlibs/compress/tags/1_1_RC1/
>
> distribution files:
>    http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/compress-antlib-1.1RC1/
>
>    This includes a new binary distribution -withdeps that is identical
>    to the "normal" binary distribution plus commons-compress-1.3.jar.
>
> Maven artifacts:
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-138/org/apache/ant/ant-compress/1.1/
>
> Should this be released as the Compress Antlib 1.1?

+1

Just a note: it would be great to have a doc about some building instructions. There would be not much to say, basically add commons-compress to Ant's classpath and run "ant package", but it avoids searching in the build.xml how the classpath is setup.

Nicolas

[RESULT] Release Compress Antlib 1.1 based on RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

the vote has passed with +1s from Nicolas, Conor, Peter, Bruce and
myself.  I will now publish the artifacts and wait for the mirrors to
catch up before I update the site and announce the release.

Many thanks to all who took the time to review the release

     Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.1 based on RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
+1

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.