Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by johnFASTAR <qa...@earthlink.net> on 2009/12/16 18:42:31 UTC

JMeter, Regular Expression Extractor not reading Java input?

In JMeter, have inserted a Regular Expression Extractor, the Regular
Expression Below:
     PG_File=([a-z]+.mht)

I'm trying to get the (dynamic of course!) file name from this statement
within html/java script:

/ibi_apps/WFServlet
PG_REQTYPE=REDIRECT&PG_MRsaved=false&PG_Func=GETBINARY&PG_File=jymiymdb.mht");

It's not capturing the file name at all.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks!

John Yavelak

Re: JMeter, Regular Expression Extractor not reading Java input?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi
have you attached the regex at the right place (child of the request that
gives you response which has the string you print below)?  also your
template is $1$?
If so Also add a view results tree listener and verify the response tab has
the string that you are looking for(including case sensitivity)
finally add a debug sampler and see what value is getting picked up
regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
well the '.' character matches anything including a literal '. ' , so
strictly speaking you are correct, but the match should still work (it might
just find additional matches)

Posted by je...@orange-ftgroup.com.

I don't know vey well ORO regexp, but perhaps the dot character must be
escaped like this
  PG_File=([a-z]+\.mht)

Cordialement / Best regards

Jean-Louis Pasturel

In JMeter, have inserted a Regular Expression Extractor, the Regular
Expression Below:
     PG_File=([a-z]+.mht)

I'm trying to get the (dynamic of course!) file name from this statement
within html/java script:

/ibi_apps/WFServlet
PG_REQTYPE=REDIRECT&PG_MRsaved=false&PG_Func=GETBINARY&PG_File=jymiymdb.mht"
);

It's not capturing the file name at all.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks!

John Yavelak

*********************************
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.

Posted by sreekiran2007 <sr...@hotmail.com>.

johnFASTAR wrote:

> In JMeter, have inserted a Regular Expression Extractor, the Regular
> Expression Below:
>      PG_File=([a-z]+.mht)
>
> I'm trying to get the (dynamic of course!) file name from this statement
> within html/java script:
>
> /ibi_apps/WFServlet
> PG_REQTYPE=REDIRECT&PG_MRsaved=false&PG_Func=GETBINARY&PG_File=jymiymdb.mht");
>

> It's not capturing the file name at all.
>
> Is there something else I should be looking at?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Yavelak

instead of using
PG_File=([a-z]+.mht)