Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Tom van Wietmarschen <aa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/28 08:29:18 UTC

OLingo eats exceptions

All,

It seems like OLingo is eating exceptions. I just got a report that one of our OData API's threw a 500 error due to an uncaught exception yet there is nothing in the log files, not even a single line with a warning let alone a stack trace. It looks like OLingo catches all exceptions and turns them into a 500 message without ANY logging at all. This is totally unacceptable especially on a production system. Turning an uncaught exception into a OData-compliant error response is fine, but not logging the exception is not.

How do I prevent OLingo from eating exceptions so I can have them logged in my server logs ? I can't seem to find anything in the OLingo 4 documentation about this. There should at least be a huge warning in the documentation that this is the default behaviour (if there ever was a proper use-case for the blink tag, this is it). The Olingo 2 documentation mentions a way of handling logging yourself but these api's don't seem to exist in OLingo 4.

Any clues ?

/Tom