Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no> on 2009/01/23 19:57:03 UTC

[a bit off topic] Trying to use xhtml instead of html, problem with IE?

When I use the following in my xhtml page..:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
      xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
      xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
<head>
    <link href="#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/secure/css/stylesheet2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>

it works great in Firefox. But trying to open the same page in IE, IE just asks f I want to save the file or find a
program online to open it....

How can I code the page so IE will display the page correctly?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied:

Re: [a bit off topic] Trying to use xhtml instead of html, problem with IE?

Posted by bob <bo...@gmail.com>.
I open my xhtml page as :

<xhtml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html dir="ltr" lang="en">

I have no issues in any browser (ie/mozilla/opera/firefox/konqueror/safari).

Bob Hedlund

Posted by Burghard Britzke <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.
Yes! the browser takes the content type, which is sent by the server
as part of the http-header. but have a look at this ugly anouncement http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/09/15/467901.aspx
.

burghard.

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.