Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com> on 2017/05/15 16:12:52 UTC

Tool to analyze and minimize loaded modules.

Hello all,

I was wondering is there is any tool available that can analyze the
directives in an httpd instance's configuration files and determine
which loaded module are not being used.
If not, maybe such a tool could be quite useful for reducing the memory
footprint.

Thanks,

Mike Rumph

Re: Tool to analyze and minimize loaded modules.

Posted by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com>.
Hello Christian,

Excellent.  This looks very useful.
And yes.  On second thought, this topic may be more suitable for the
user mailing list.
There are maybe many Apache users who could benefit from this.
I started it on dev because I was considering developing something on
this if there wasn't already.
Please, feel free to present this on the user mailing list.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by Christian Folini <ch...@netnea.com>.
Hello Mike,

--
Christian Folini - <ch...@netnea.com>

Re: Tool to analyze and minimize loaded modules.

Posted by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Yehuda,

That looks like a good starting point.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
The server-info handler can give you some of that information, but not 100%.
It lists each module and the relevant configuration, but mod_info itself is
an example of that not being enough:
SetHandler server-info is listed in core.c and for me there is no
configuration listed under mod_info.

I cut this down from the full config to show relevant parts.

[image: Inline image 2]

[image: Inline image 1]

- Y