Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Laban Kibowen <la...@intrasofttechnologies.com> on 2021/04/25 07:43:47 UTC

Build WAR file from fineract 1.4.0 and Develop

Good Day Devs

I tried to build deployable WAR file from fineract 1.4.0 and develop releases
I was getting an error about deprecated gradle features incompatible with the
latest release of gradle 7.

Can anyone please have a look into this issue.

![](cid:image003.png@01D739BF.DF2C2CF0)

Kind Regards.

Re: Build WAR file from fineract 1.4.0 and Develop

Posted by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com>.
... I can't say for sure, but I'm almost certain that Gradle 7 won't work.
I didn't try yet with Fineract, but in another project (uses a fairly
recent Gradle 6.8.3) I ran into too many errors related to plugins that
didn't yet have an update available to make them compatible with Gradle 7.
Take this info with some caution as the plugins are not identical, so
Fineract might by coincidence work also with Gradle 7. It was just not
tested yet.

The best way to build Fineract is to use the Gradle wrapper script
("./gradlew ..."). This is continuously tested on Travis. Everything else
is a little bit of a gamble.

Having said that: contributions to upgrade the build script to Gradle 7
always welcome ;-)

Cheers