Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Miroslav Nachev <mi...@space-comm.com> on 2006/11/08 14:03:03 UTC

How to pass more parameters to DbURL ?

Hi,

I would like the used database to support Unicode. That's why I need to
add more parameters like that:

<dburl>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/jafax?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8</dburl>

Unfortunately I have the following error when I add these extra parameters:
   org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "useUnicode"
must end with the ';' delimiter.

How can I put more parameters to JDBC Driver?

Regards,
Miro.

Re: How to pass more parameters to DbURL ?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Stefano, I think we should start to use pessimistic locking when
> replying to user to avoid inconsistencies :-))
>
>  Bernd

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing!
And Norman is not around, otherwise we could have 3 replies per question

Stefano

Re: How to pass more parameters to DbURL ?

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Stefano Bagnara schrieb:
> Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>> Stefano, I think we should start to use pessimistic locking when
>> replying to user to avoid inconsistencies :-))
>>
>>  Bernd
>
> LOL, I was just thinking the same thing!
> And Norman is not around, otherwise we could have 3 replies per question
>
> Stefano
Tomorrow im back.. so maybe we can get it managed tomorrow :-P

bye
Norman

Re: How to pass more parameters to DbURL ?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Miroslav Nachev <mi...@space-comm.com>.
Hi,

Thank you. Both variants works.

Regards,
Miro.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
I think "&" is interpreted by the XML parser as the start of an XML
entity reference, like &quot; is one, and &unicode; would be one, if
defined.
Please try to escape "&" to "&amp;".

If this doesn't help, I am lost.

  Bernd

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
What about to add this to wiki or better to FAQ ?

bye
Norman