Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2001/03/15 22:17:07 UTC

[Xerces2] Need Help for Book!

Everyone,

Addison-Wesley will be publishing a second edition to the popular
_XML and Java: Developing Web Applications_ book by Maruyama, et
al (ISBN 0-201-48543-5). I will be writing a chapter in the second
edition on how to make the most of your parser for writing XML
applications.

I want the primary focus of the chapter to be on Xerces2 and how
to build custom parser configurations to solve specific problems
(like performance critical applications). Therefore, the chapter
is dependent on finalizing XNI and resolving the remaining issues
regarding parser configurations, packaging, etc.

This is the reason why I've been trying to push people to
participate more. But since the publisher said it's ok to
mention the book, I'm using it to try to twist some arms... ;)

So here's the deal: let's hurry up and resolve the remaining
issues and I'll use my thank-you section in the book to list
the major contributors from the mailing list. Would you like
your name in a major Addison-Wesley publication? Well then,
let's get to work! :)