Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ram <sr...@tatainfotech.com> on 2002/12/18 14:58:45 UTC

Struts using in Tomcat 4.0.1 and Visual Age For Java !!!

Hi ,
We are implementing Struts  in our present project.
Since most of us have worked on Visual Age For Java
we wish to use it as our IDE.
But we Find documents only tomcat 3.0 and Visual Age
Have any one used Tomcat 4 with Visual Age?
or
Came across any Documents relating to configuring tomcat 4.0.* and Visual age?
If so Pls help us..

Thanks

Regards,
Ram

RE: Struts using in Tomcat 4.0.1 and Visual Age For Java !!!

Posted by Colin Hawkett <co...@morpheus.co.uk>.
Hi,

	It will become more and more difficult to find documentation for newer
versions of things and visual age.  As you probably know, all of IBM's IDE
effort is going into the eclipse based WebSphere Application Developer
(version 5 is very good), and hence I suspect that most people that write
how-to's for things will probably be targeting WSAD rather than visual
age... visual age has probably become a dead end from a skills perspective -
are you sure you want to continue to use it - especially when it seems you
have the option to make a clean break for something else?  The learning
curve for WSAD isn't too great.  Probably not exactly what you wanted to
hear, but if you want to take on newer technologies like tomcat 4 it might
be more difficult with that choice of IDE.  With that said I woudln't be
surprised if there was a document out there that told you what you wanted to
know :)

Colin

We are implementing Struts  in our present project.
Since most of us have worked on Visual Age For Java
we wish to use it as our IDE.
But we Find documents only tomcat 3.0 and Visual Age
Have any one used Tomcat 4 with Visual Age?
or
Came across any Documents relating to configuring tomcat 4.0.* and Visual
age?
If so Pls help us..

Thanks

Regards,
Ram

This email and any files transmitted with it contain information that may be
confidential or privileged, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me by
return email immediately. Any opinions expressed are those of the author,
not of Morpheus Limited.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.