Posted to community@apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2004/08/16 15:07:19 UTC

gmail accounts?

Hi all,

A while back, I offered gmail accounts to a number of people when the
number of invites that I had was pretty limited. However, I now have
unlimited invites...

If anybody would like a gmail account, then please reply to me privately
and I'll hook you up. I'm happy to provide them to any ASF committer and
their family.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Sep 2, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>> I've got two emails, hgomez@apache.org and
>>> hgomez@users.sourceforge.net
>>> and registered many lists to them.
>>>
>>> If I switch to gmail, I suspect I'll have to unregister and register
>>> to all lists to be able to send mail to these lists ?
>>
>> Either that, or, in the case of your apache.org address, change your
>> ~/.forward to point at your gmail account.
>
> That'd work for receiving, but not sending, right? The gmail address
> would
> not be subscribed to the list, so ought not be able to post, no?

Your first post from your gmail account should go to moderation, then,
presumably, the moderator would DTRT to allow future posts from your
gmail address.

-Fitz

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> > I've got two emails, hgomez@apache.org and hgomez@users.sourceforge.net
> > and registered many lists to them.
> >
> > If I switch to gmail, I suspect I'll have to unregister and register
> > to all lists to be able to send mail to these lists ?
>
> Either that, or, in the case of your apache.org address, change your
> ~/.forward to point at your gmail account.

That'd work for receiving, but not sending, right? The gmail address would
not be subscribed to the list, so ought not be able to post, no?

regards

Adam

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A while back, I offered gmail accounts to a number of people when the
> number of invites that I had was pretty limited. However, I now have
> unlimited invites...
>
> If anybody would like a gmail account, then please reply to me privately
> and I'll hook you up. I'm happy to provide them to any ASF committer and
> their family.

Stupid question but it may help others here :

I've got two emails, hgomez@apache.org and hgomez@users.sourceforge.net
and registered many lists to them.

If I switch to gmail, I suspect I'll have to unregister and register to
all lists to be able to send mail to these lists ?

Regards

RE: gmail accounts?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Actually, yes Opera, with some help:

http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/o7/gmail/

--
Martin Cooper

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Monday 16 August 2004 21:07, Greg Stein wrote:
>

>>A while back, I offered gmail accounts to a number of people when the
>>number of invites that I had was pretty limited. However, I now have
>>unlimited invites...
>>
>>If anybody would like a gmail account, then please reply to me privately
>>and I'll hook you up. I'm happy to provide them to any ASF committer and
>>their family.
>>

>Arrrrgggghhhh....  It says it requires ActiveX. Is Google now part of the evil
>empire ?? :o)

It requires ActiveX if you use MSIE. It works perfectly on any
mozilla/firefox/galeon, ... Not with Opera, though. MSIE > 5.01, IIRC. I

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
> Arrrrgggghhhh....  It says it requires ActiveX. Is Google now part of
> the evil
> empire ?? :o)
>
> How about Linux/Unix/MacX users, are we totally left out?

Works fine for me in Safari/Mac and FireFox/Win32.

S.

Re: gmail accounts?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 16 August 2004 21:07, Greg Stein wrote:
> A while back, I offered gmail accounts to a number of people when the
> number of invites that I had was pretty limited. However, I now have
> unlimited invites...
>
> If anybody would like a gmail account, then please reply to me privately
> and I'll hook you up. I'm happy to provide them to any ASF committer and
> their family.

Arrrrgggghhhh....  It says it requires ActiveX. Is Google now part of the evil
empire ?? :o)

How about Linux/Unix/MacX users, are we totally left out?

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /