Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/15 09:40:03 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 7169 discussion

Hi.. I would like to add my ideas to this one. I suggest than adding a third party link there better to let users to search and look about advanced markdown. But we are giving all the docs for basic markdown and other short link types , synatax highlighting too..

Thus there will be issues when if there is problem with that link too. it might be a broken link

---

** [tickets:#7169] (Re-)add appropriate links to Markdown Syntax guide**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** bitesize
**Created:** Wed Feb 12, 2014 06:14 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:11 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

In the Markdown Syntax Guide (ie., the "Formatting Help" link in the left sidebar), we used to include links to http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax to provide more detail for users wanting to go beyond the basic formatting.

This was (probably unintentionally) removed in the following commit: https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/ci/ad07922261c339cc24555587a38113c5fc2fb421

Hence, this should be added back. We should also consider adding links to the python library we use if/where appropriate.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/