Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Deepak Gupta <de...@pscindia.com> on 2001/11/30 09:01:27 UTC

Getting Warning with JMSAppender

I am using JMSAppender with Sun's RI 1.3.

Following are my entries in log4j.properties file:

***********************
log4j.category.SBM=debug,SBMJMS

log4j.appender.SBMJMS=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
log4j.appender.SBMJMS.TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName=jms/TopicConnectionFactory

log4j.appender.SBMJMS.TopicBindingName=jms/LogTopic
log4j.appender.SBMJMS.Threshold=DEBUG
***************************

But, when a log message is published on jms topic, following warning
message is generated at server console:

Warning : Illegal connection factory access to
jms/TopicConnectionFactory. J2EE Components should access JMS Connection
Factories through a resource-ref in java:comp/env

Can anybody help, what is happening here.

Thanks,
Deepak