Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ashish Kumar <ng...@iitr.ernet.in> on 2003/12/08 12:48:05 UTC

xls genreraion from xsp

hi all,
       i m using xsp codes containing esql queries with corresponding
page2fo.xsl file for genrating pdf dynamically. now i have to generate
spreadsheets (xls) from the database (using HSSF Serializer)& i m
thinking of using the same xsp and a page2xls.xsl file. i have gone thru
the simple-page2xls.xsl but can't get much of it. can anyone tell me how
to write xsl codes for xls generation. i have following xsp codes:

<esql:connection>
   <esql:pool>regol</esql:pool>
	<esql:execute-query>
	  <esql:query>select * from table</esql:query>
	    <esql:results>
	     <esql:row-results>
  	       <para>
		  <para1>
		    <esql:get-string column="field1"/>
		  </para1>
		  <para2>
  		    <esql:get-string column="field2"/>
		  </para2>
		  <para3>
		    <esql:get-string column="field3"/>
		  </para3>
		  <para4>
		    <esql:get-string column="field4"/>
	  	  </para4>
                <para>
	      </esql:row-results>
	     </esql:results>
	  </esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>

Thanking in advance,

Sleight of hand and twist of fate,
On a bed of nails she makes me wait...

ASHISH KUMAR,
B. TECH. 3rd YR.
IIT ROORKEE,
INDIA.

Re: xls genreraion from xsp

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
You have two possibilities: Either transform your XML to simple-page
format (there are a few files in the Cocoon dist in this format, simply
search for other usages of simple-page2xyz.xsl) or you transform you XML
directly to the Gnumeric format
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers/xls-serializer.html).

Joerg