Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Nalen/Towers Perrin <NA...@towers.com> on 2000/11/01 16:14:33 UTC

PWS + Tomcat + JNI

I have downloaded Tomcat 3.2.6 and installed it per the howto directions.
It works fine - meaning if I have personal web server running and then run
startup from the tomcat/bin directory to start the tomcat server, I can get
servlets and jsp pages to work from my browser.

What I'd like to do now, it have it all work without having to manually
start the tomcat server.  I am running win95 so I can't use the nt server
program.  I thought I could use the jni dll to make the web server load
tomcat on demand, but I've been unsuccessful doing that.  I did follow the
inprocess howto document, but it seems out of date for 3.2.6 and it did not
work.  I also saw in the documentation that I should be able to change the
paths in the worker.properties file and the jni inprocess server is
supposed to work, but it doesn't.    If I put another connection in the
server.xml file for the jni dll, I get web server errors saying the browser
got back unrecognized data from the server.

My question is, can I server up servlet and jsp pages from personal web
server and win95 without manually loading Tomcat.  If so, please tell me
what modifications I need to make to the files or point me to the
documentation where it is explained.

Thanks
Bill

Re: PWS + Tomcat + JNI

Posted by Christian Wenz <ch...@stud.tu-muenchen.de>.
if you do not rely on launching "on demand", try launching Tomcat by putting
the appropriate link into the Autostart folder!

Regards
Christian Wenz