Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 08:09:52 UTC

wicket logo

Is there an official Wicket website badge?

Any problems with dropping the orange Wicket logo into a "Power By Wicket"
slogan at the bottom of a site?

-Luther

Re: wicket logo

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martijn,

I think he meant using the (official) Apache Wicket badge on a page (site)
of his own. Promoting that his site is using the fabulous Wicket framework.
And not redesigning the wicket logo itself.

Maybe I'm wrong. But iterating on the question - can I use an official
Wicked badge somewhere on my site, saying something like Powered by <<insert
Wicked badge here>> ? If so, where can I find more badges (size, etc) ?

Thanks,
Cristi Manole

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Martijn Dashorst <
martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is there an official Wicket website badge?
>
> Nope.
>
> > Any problems with dropping the orange Wicket logo into a "Power By
> Wicket"
> > slogan at the bottom of a site?
>
> Unfortunately, yes. This is something the Apache PRC committee is
> being very anal about: using Apache trademarks.
>
> Send your design to prc@apache.org and ask for permission to use the
> badge. If you're very good at design, you might want to consider
> donating the badge under a CLA to our project, and then we'll include
> it with our site, and ensure the PRC approves the badge.
>
> Martijn

Cristi Manole

Nova Creator Software
www.novacreator.com