Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nazilin <na...@ustri.com> on 2005/08/11 07:26:17 UTC

Two suggestions

Hi All,

   I have been reading many emails in this forumn. I am first time in an
open source venture. I would also like to contribute, but don't know how. I
have two suggestions.

   1. There are few people who came forward to contribute towards the
"harmony". It would be good one of us make a list of them and categorize
them according to their skills and interests. This suggestion may be out of
synch with the "open source philosophy". But if we know our strength we can
plan and accomplish the goal better. The volunteers can do quick coding of
proof of concept model or some other short term tasks.

   2. It would be great some one send weekly newsletter in this forumn
summarizing (or listing) the emails exchanged in the week.

Thanks and Regards
Nazilin

Re: Two suggestions

Posted by David Tanzer <st...@guglhupf.net>.
Sure, it's not so much work to post a copy to this list too ;-)

Regards, David.

RE: Two suggestions

Re: Two suggestions

Posted by David Tanzer <st...@guglhupf.net>.
Hi.

Re: Two suggestions

Posted by Pedro Brigatto <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the attention, Ghosh.
I'm gonna study the documentation to be informed about the project current
situation/status.
 Thanks all =)

Re: Two suggestions

Posted by Anindo Ghosh <gh...@gmail.com>.
The project homepage - http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/
along with the Wiki - http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/
should be a good starting point.You can go through the project
proposal, arch,faqs etc.

Also browsing through the mailing list archives will give you a feel
of the story so far.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/

Thanks,
Anindo

Re: Two suggestions

Re: Two suggestions

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Aug 11, 2005, at 1:26 AM, Nazilin wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I have been reading many emails in this forumn. I am first time
> in an
> open source venture. I would also like to contribute, but don't
> know how. I
> have two suggestions.
>
>    1. There are few people who came forward to contribute towards the
> "harmony". It would be good one of us make a list of them and
> categorize
> them according to their skills and interests. This suggestion may
> be out of
> synch with the "open source philosophy". But if we know our
> strength we can
> plan and accomplish the goal better. The volunteers can do quick
> coding of
> proof of concept model or some other short term tasks.

Great - something for the wiki?

geirm@apache.org