Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2016/01/04 23:41:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion (incubating) 1.3.0-incubating

Hello,

The Apache Trafodion community has voted on and approved its first release

– Apache Trafodion 1.3.0 –incubating (release candidate 5)

Vote request on dev list:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201512.mbox/ajax/%3C835f19bc6267f402358a71221c2b6afc%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Vote result on dev list:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201601.mbox/ajax/%3Cf41e5961dcf6f0d0d86ee766a6a93833%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The commit id is 6ae976fdc60a683e954d867dab6ff30c55146c8f which corresponds
to tag 1.3.0rc5:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-trafodion.git;a=tag;h=5af956f989f1f32664bbec768e4f354516daa96b

The release artifacts can be downloaded from:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/apache-trafodion-1.3.0-incubating

Instructions on how to build and run Apache Trafodion are described here:

http://trafodion.apache.org/download.html

The source tar file has been signed with pgp key A44C5A05 which is included
in the download location’s KEYS file:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/KEYS

For changes included in the release, please see the release notes:

http://trafodion.apache.org/release-notes-1-3-0.html

The RAT tool was run on the source and the excluded are defined in the

RAT_README.txt file found in the top level source directory.

The following is a list of issues found during the podling review. It was
determined that these issues can be fixed in a subsequent release, Jira’s,
as noted, were created for each issue.

TRAFODION-1733: Incorrect information included in LICENSE file

  The Facebook copyright is already Apache and does not need to be in the
LICENSE file

  Asciidocs is included but not used

TRAFODION-1725: missing licenses for:

  MooTools Framework MIT licensed Copyright Valerio Proietti

  swscanf.cpp/swprintf.cpp BSD license copyright Chris Torek

  JQuery files - JQuery Foundation, Inc

TRAFODION-1734: Suggestions for licensing improvements:

  Should specify the type of license in the LICENSE file instead of
requiring a lookup in the corresponding license text.

  Should copy all license text to Apache Trafodion instead of specifying an
external link.  The external license could change.

TRAFODION-1735: There was a concern that changes made to some of the BSD
copyrighted files were more than minor so additional copyright information
may be required.

Pursuant to the Release section of the Incubation Policy and with the

endorsement of our mentors we would now like to request the permission  of

the Incubator PMC to publish the release.

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

   Regards,

    Roberta Marton

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion (incubating) 1.3.0-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- signatures and hashed good
- incubating in release name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE have minor issues (see below)
- All source files have Apache headers
- No unexpected binary files

Don’t have an environment set up to compile.

Can you please fix in the next release:
- LICENSE is missing jquery license (jquery is separate to jquery ui)
- year in NOTICE file is incorrect

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion (incubating) 1.3.0-incubating

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Op dinsdag 5 januari 2016 heeft Stack <st...@duboce.net> het volgende
geschreven:

--
Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Trafodion (incubating) 1.3.0-incubating

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Source looks fine.  Didn't try to build, missing libs locally to build.

Some items for next release:

- Preferable to use NOTICE, LICENSE, DISCLAIMER over NOTICE.TXT,
LICENSE.TXT, DISCLAIMER.TXT
- Update copyright years to 2016.

John

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@huawei.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Trafodion has the rich SQL feature to complement NoSQL DB's shortage.