Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patrick Nelson <pn...@neatech.com> on 2004/10/03 20:19:13 UTC

Using svn+ssh

FC2 with subversion 1.0.8

I have been pruning a successful svnserver service through xined.d, but
I want to start using svn+ssh.  One of the things I like about svnserve
is the ability to set the root repo with -r switch so my
/etc/xined.d/svnserve file looks like:

---snip---
service svnserve
{
        disable  = no
        socket_type  = stream
        wait = no
        user = svn
        server = /usr/bin/svnserve
        server_args = -i -r /var/scm
}
---snip---

I have read through the manual and either I missed it or something,  it
seems like it would go into the runtime configuration...  But how do I
specify a repo root when using svn+ssh?

Any help appreciated!

Re: Using svn+ssh

Posted by Patrick Nelson <pn...@neatech.com>.
Lasse Kliemann wrote:

>As to my knowledge, there is no configuration option on how svnserve is
>called on the "other side" of the ssh tunnel. It is always called as
>svnserve -t. This is hard-coded in subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/client.c. I
>recently ran into the situation that I had to configure this.
>
>Attached you find a quick patch that allows you to define how svnserve is
>called via the environment variable SVN_SSH_SVNSERVE. In your case, setting
>
>export SVN_SSH_SVNSERVE="svnserve -r /var/scm"
>
>might be appropriate. The -t is still added automatically (which can
>trivially be altered-- see the source and the patch).
>
>The attached patch has been taken against subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/client.c
>from subversion 1.1.0.

OK so there is no configuration way of doing it..  Yet!  Thanks for the
patch...  although I can not use it because we can only used released
rpms for FC2.  But I might give it a whirl on my own.

Re: Using svn+ssh

Posted by Lasse Kliemann <la...@plastictree.net>.

--
Lasse Kliemann