Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Tim Wintle <ti...@teamrubber.com> on 2008/11/07 17:45:42 UTC

Flushing the features cache on PHP shindig

As the Subject implies: How do you flush the feature cache on PHP
shindig.

i.e. I've fixed a bug in one of the js files for a custom feature - how
can I force the changes to be replicated through shindig (It's still
pushing out the old javascript)?

Thanks,

Tim Wintle

Re: Flushing the features cache on PHP shindig

Posted by Tim Wintle <ti...@teamrubber.com>.
Thanks,

Definitely makes sense for it to be cached, but I expected it to be
re-scanned within an hour or so, which didn't seem to happen.

So if you're using a memcache cluster (I'm not...) does everything get
cached to memcached - I'd assumed it would only cache the actual gadgets
etc, and make sure that files like that were available locally in-RAM
(assuming you're using mod-php).

I'm proxying to the gadget server behind a front-end server with fairly
heavy caching anyway, so knowing how long changes will take to be
replicated through to users is becoming a bit of a headache.

Tim

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.