Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2004/02/23 23:25:28 UTC

single quotes in query

  The only difference in these two queries is the single quote around
the number
in the WHERE clause.  The first one returns over 900 results and the
second one
returns only 1.  Why such a difference?  I clearly want to be using the
second
query, but OJB adds the single quote around WHERE parameters.  Should it
be doing
that?  Usually it should.  Is there any way to turn it off on a
per-query basis?

SELECT COUNT( A0.total_undergrad_enrollment )
FROM UNDERGRAD_PROFILE A0
WHERE ( A0.total_undergrad_enrollment > 1 ) AND
A0.total_undergrad_enrollment < 1000

SELECT COUNT( A0.total_undergrad_enrollment )
FROM UNDERGRAD_PROFILE A0
WHERE ( A0.total_undergrad_enrollment > '1' ) AND
A0.total_undergrad_enrollment < '1000'

Thanks a lot.

Charlie

Re: single quotes in query

Posted by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com>.
Nevermind.  Its because my fields are CHAR and not INTEGER.  Can't compare
on a CHAR.  So I have to do a CONVERT(int,total_undergrad_enrollment) to get
the right results.

Sorry to bother everyone.

Charlie