Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Annette Newton <an...@servicetick.com> on 2013/12/02 18:01:32 UTC

ShardSplit errors..

Hi,

I have been trying to split a shard with little success.  I'm probably
missing something obvious but would appreciate a little help.

Solr version: 4.6.0
Number of documents in the Shard: 2,933,059
Index size: 6.52

I know I have some setting somewhere that I need to change but I believe I
have changed everything available.

At first I had a write.lock timeout so I upped that setting and got passed
it.

Command:

curl '
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=SPLITSHARD&collection=sessionfilterset&shard=shard1
'

Message returned:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
the collection time out:300s</str><str
name="trace">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: splitshard the
collection time out:300s
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CollectionsHandler.handleResponse(CollectionsHandler.java:204)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CollectionsHandler.handleSplitShardAction(CollectionsHandler.java:422)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CollectionsHandler.handleRequestBody(CollectionsHandler.java:158)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.handleAdminRequest(SolrDispatchFilter.java:662)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:257)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:197)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:455)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1075)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:384)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1009)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:154)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handleRequest(BlockingHttpConnection.java:53)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:942)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1004)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:640)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handle(BlockingHttpConnection.java:72)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector$ConnectorEndPoint.run(SocketConnector.java:264)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
</response>

During the run time I'm not convinced it's doing anything.  No split
directory is created, CPU remains very low and memory doesn't seem to spike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Annette Newton

Database Administrator

ServiceTick Ltd

T:+44(0)1603 618326

Seebohm House, 2-4 Queen Street, Norwich, England NR2 4SQ

www.servicetick.com

*www.sessioncam.com <http://www.sessioncam.com>*

--
*This message is confidential and is intended to be read solely by the
addressee. The contents should not be disclosed to any other person or