Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by stuart macpherson <so...@tillidie.fsnet.co.uk> on 2003/09/09 16:42:50 UTC

Slide-Admin webapp doesn't add user to SlideRealm DB tables

I am having a problem with Slide-Admin.  I am using SlideRealm based
authentication and MySQLDescriptorsStore, and as such I have 'user', 'roles'
and 'user_role' tables I my DB.  Obviously, Slide uses rows entered into
these tables to allow logon to Slide and Slide-Admin.

Adding users manually works ok, but is not good enough for my (and I would
expect, anyone else's) needs.  When I add a user through Slide-Admin webapp,
the details appear in the MySQLDescriptorsStore tables, but NOT the
SlideRealm tables.  As such, they may as well not be there at all, as
SlideRealm cannot find them, and refuses logon.

I don't mind having to hard-code a bit of a DB update to write the users to
the user tables, but I feel this would be missing the point.  There SURELY
must be something I can do to cause the Slide-Admin webapp to add users
properly?!  If there isn't, then this is a ridiculously large bug...  and I
can't believe this is the case.

I know there is someone out there who knows what to do...

Many thanks
Stuart