Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Anil Pathak <an...@aniljava.com> on 2012/04/13 08:52:31 UTC

530 Must issue a STARTTLS command first problem

I am using James for outbound only SMTP. It successfully delivered emails
to gmail, yahoo.

When i tested with a host that only accepted TLS. It failed,
RemoteHost said: 530 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

Is this an expected behavior or i am missing something in configuration.

Thank you

Re: 530 Must issue a STARTTLS command first problem

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Can you add <startTLS>true</true> to the configuration of your
RemoteDeliveryMailet.

(Sorry, this is undocumented, I will add it for the next site deploy).

Thx,
Eric