Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by AFrieze <AF...@simmgene.com> on 2007/02/20 00:47:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache mod_jk ssh port_forwarding

Hi everyone
  I am using Apache to serve static content and to act as a Load
Balancer to some Tomcat Nodes.  I am interested in encrypting the data
flowing between apache and tomcat. Apache is using mod_jk to connect
tomcat on some port, say, 8009.  I would like to use SSH port forwarding
to encrypt this data.  I ran netstat in an attempt to find what port
apache/mod_jk uses to connect to tomcat.  It appears there is quite a
range.  Is there any way to deal with this?  Anyone else come up with a
solution to this?

Thanks
AFrieze

Re: [users@httpd] Apache mod_jk ssh port_forwarding

Posted by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com>.
May be you shouldn't use mod_jk at all? I'd configure HTTPS connector
in Tomcat and use mod_proxy between Apache and Tomcat. In this case
the channel will be encrypte with standard SSL.

Posted by AFrieze <AF...@simmgene.com>.
AFrieze wrote:
> Hi everyone
>  I am using Apache to serve static content and to act as a Load
> Balancer to some Tomcat Nodes.  I am interested in encrypting the data
> flowing between apache and tomcat. Apache is using mod_jk to connect
> tomcat on some port, say, 8009.  I would like to use SSH port
> forwarding to encrypt this data.  I ran netstat in an attempt to find
> what port apache/mod_jk uses to connect to tomcat.  It appears there
> is quite a range.  Is there any way to deal with this?  Anyone else
> come up with a solution to this?
>
> Thanks
> AFrieze

I apologize,
  I believe I just asked a question before fully understanding the
nature of my problem.  I am going to do a little more research into ssh
port forwarding and I then may have another question.
Thank you
 AFrieze