Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Abhijit Dixit <ab...@123india.com> on 2002/06/28 21:30:05 UTC

Extra parameters in response

Hi,

I have a Error class which is sent as a SOAP response. Here's the
definition of the class ...

public class Error {

	String data;
	int    code;

	Error();

	public String getdata(){return data;}
	public void setdata(String data){this.data=new String("data")'}

	public int getcode(){return code;}
	public void setcode(int code){this.code=code;}

	public int getValue(){return code;}
}

The getValue() is a function I use in my code just to test for the code. It
doesn't have a corresponding 'value' property. But now, when this class is
sent back as a response, the SOAP packet looks like  this ...

<error xsi:type="ns1:error">
<code xsi:type="xsd:int">0</code>
<data xsi:type="xsd:string">Success</message>
<value xsi:type="xsd:int">0</value>
</error>

Why does the error message have the value parameter if it is not a property
of the actual class ? Is it because of the getValue() function ? If that is
so, why isn't value upper case in the response ?

Is there anyway I can avoid this. I don't want to return value.

Thanks,
Abhijit