Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ronald Villaver <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/30 03:49:47 UTC

Hi! I would like to contribute...

Hi People!

Im new in contributing, but Im really interested in
sharing my code. I used XML-RPC in a project im doing
where I had to interface a frontend system with
multiple backend systems. This front end system can
stand without the backend systems but as statement of
compliance with the client... it has to keep the
backend system informed. Also the frontend can check
on the middleware on what was the response of the
backend. The client stated that the transactions
comming in from the front end needs to be polled
before sending to the appropriate backends. This means
I had to save the transaction. The easiest remoting is
stil XML-RPC thats why I really love using it...

Now, saving the output xml of an XML-RPC call is easy.
My worry was on the scheduled polling was done... it
would then start to send them finally to the
appropriate backends. I didnt want to do add an
overhead of parsing XML myself to recreate the
transaction. So I added an xmlclient.callXML(String
xml) (of course... edited the worker too...) Since
inside the call.. it turns the vector params to xml
and then sends them... I just skipped that part and
send the xml.

What do I need to do to make my contribution formal?

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Hi! I would like to contribute...

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Ronald Villaver wrote:
> What do I need to do to make my contribution formal?

Post your code, preferably with a more clear explanation of exactly what it
does, and -- more importantly -- the use cases describing why one would want
to use it.