Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/08 09:03:19 UTC

MedicationMention for Acetaminophen

I am trying to experiment with the annotations for drugs using
AggregatePlainTextProcessor.xml

I copied some text from the web
http://www.babycenter.com/404_whats-the-difference-between-acetaminophen-and-ibuprofen_12377.bc
to test it.

The following text:

Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are both good medicines, and both provide
the same basic relief from fever and pain, even though they have
different chemical structures and side effects. Ibuprofen is
recommended only for kids 6 months and older.

results in ibuprofen being recognized but not Acetaminophen.

I checked user FAQ http://ctakes.apache.org/user-faqs.html, and found :

Why doesn't my UMLS term get indentified by the system but it exists
in SNOMEDCT/RxNorm?

The Dictionary Lookup that you are using filters out terms that don't
have tui codes registered in the
resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/LookupDesc_Db.xml file.
Edit that file and add "{TUI}" to the value list for
"{semanticGroup}Tuis" property as below: For Example:

< property key="semanticGroupTuis" value="{TUIS}" />

within < lookupConsumer
className="org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.UmlsToSnomedDbConsumerImpl"

Unforetunately there was no such property anywhere in the file.

A similar thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-dev/201406.mbox/%3C162a581621c64333b7ddc4ef9581304a@BL2PR08MB516.namprd08.prod.outlook.com%3E

suggested replacing

 <lookupConsumer
className="org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.OrangeBookFilterConsumerImpl">

with

<lookupConsumer
className="org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.NamedEntityLookupConsumerImpl">

in the resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/LookupDesc.xml

Again, no luck.

Any idea ?

Re: MedicationMention for Acetaminophen

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
James,

This was the problem. It's resolved now. Thank you a lot for your help.