Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> on 2009/12/11 13:54:13 UTC

Sol server is not set up ??

Hello!

I'm trying to successfully build/install the PHP Solr Extension, but am
running into an error when doing a "make test" - the following 4 tests fail,
the other 17 pass. The Solr server is definately running because I can
access it via the admin URL. Anyone know what else may be causing the make
test to think teh solr server is not set up???

regan

Running selected tests.
TEST 1/21 [tests/solrclient_001.phpt]
SKIP SolrClient::addDocument() - Sending a single document to the Solr
server [tests/solrclient_001.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up
TEST 2/21 [tests/solrclient_002.phpt]
SKIP SolrClient::addDocuments() - sending multiple documents to the Solr
server [tests/solrclient_002.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up
TEST 3/21 [tests/solrclient_003.phpt]
SKIP SolrClient::addDocuments() - sending a cloned document
[tests/solrclient_003.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up
TEST 4/21 [tests/solrclient_004.phpt]
SKIP SolrClient::query() - Sending a chained query request
[tests/solrclient_004.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up

Re: Sol server is not set up ??

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:54 AM, regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to successfully build/install the PHP Solr Extension, but am
> running into an error when doing a "make test" - the following 4 tests
> fail,
> the other 17 pass. The Solr server is definately running because I can
> access it via the admin URL. Anyone know what else may be causing the make
> test to think teh solr server is not set up???
>
> regan

> Running selected tests.
> TEST 1/21 [tests/solrclient_001.phpt]
> SKIP SolrClient::addDocument() - Sending a single document to the Solr
> server [tests/solrclient_001.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up
> TEST 2/21 [tests/solrclient_002.phpt]
> SKIP SolrClient::addDocuments() - sending multiple documents to the Solr
> server [tests/solrclient_002.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up
> TEST 3/21 [tests/solrclient_003.phpt]
> SKIP SolrClient::addDocuments() - sending a cloned document
> [tests/solrclient_003.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up
> TEST 4/21 [tests/solrclient_004.phpt]
> SKIP SolrClient::query() - Sending a chained query request
> [tests/solrclient_004.phpt] reason: Solr server is not set up

Hi Regan,

This is Israel, the author of the PHP extension.

There is nothing wrong with your Solr server, it is just a configuration
that you have to change in the test_config.php file before running the "make
test" command.

In the tests/test_config.php file you will have to change the value of *
SOLR_SERVER_CONFIGURED* from *false* to* true*.

You can the contents of the file here in the repository

http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/solr/trunk/tests/test.config.php?revision=290120&view=markup

You also have to specify the correct values for the host name and port
numbers.

I am going to make some changes to the README files, the test scripts other
documentations to make sure that this part is clear (why some tests may be
skipped). These changes should be available in the next update release early
next week.

So, please make these changes and try again. It should not be skipped this
time.

Also, I would like to know the version of the Solr extension, the PHP
version and the operating system you are using.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Sincerely,
Israel Ekpo

--
"Good Enough" is not good enough.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.