Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/25 14:51:42 UTC

[bundlerepository/utils] NOTICE issues

Hi,

The NOTICE files of both the bundlerepository and the utils project
mention, that OSGi provided software is contained.

AFAICT for utils this has never been the case and for bundlerepository
this is not the case since the OBR API has been broken out into a
separate bundle.

So, can we remove the clause:

  The OSGi Alliance (http://www.osgi.org/).
  Copyright (c) OSGi Alliance (2000, 2007).
  Licensed under the Apache License 2.0.

from the NOTICE files in the bundlrepository and utils project ?

At the same time we might want to set OSGi Copyright year of the OSGi
software use to 2009, right ?

Thanks and Regards
Felix

Re: [bundlerepository/utils] NOTICE issues

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 3/25/10 21:51, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The NOTICE files of both the bundlerepository and the utils project
> mention, that OSGi provided software is contained.
>
> AFAICT for utils this has never been the case and for bundlerepository
> this is not the case since the OBR API has been broken out into a
> separate bundle.
>
> So, can we remove the clause:
>
>    This product includes software developed at
>    The OSGi Alliance (http://www.osgi.org/).
>    Copyright (c) OSGi Alliance (2000, 2007).
>    Licensed under the Apache License 2.0.
>
> from the NOTICE files in the bundlrepository and utils project ?
>
> At the same time we might want to set OSGi Copyright year of the OSGi
> software use to 2009, right ?

Sounds correct.

-> richard

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 26.03.2010 10:11, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> The FilterImpl is derived from the OSGi alliance implementation, so I think
> we need to keep the clause.

Ok. Thanks. Makes sense then.

Regards
Felix