Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Carl Sagan <nu...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/13 00:55:04 UTC

xsl-fo as a report writer

Hi,

I am an analyst/programmer working for a small data processing application service provider.  We currently use a proprietary 4GL as a report writer.  Sadly the report writer in this 4GL is quite buggy.  We have reported these bugs to the 4GL vendor but they have said that they have no intention to fix any of the bugs with their report writer module.

The 4GL can export data in xml format.

My intention is to evaluate xsl-fo/xsl to see how well it can render this data to the printed page.

My questions are:

Can xsl-fo handle headers/subheaders/footers/subfooters/totals/subtotals/control breaks and so forth?

Can xsl-fo handle line drawing?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Bob Walsh