Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Avenante <d....@gmail.com> on 2007/07/11 15:44:40 UTC

[T5] Mixing usage

Hi,

I try to create my own Mixin.
If I use this approach it's ok :

@Component
@MixinClasses(MyMixin.class)
private ActionLink link1;

but if I use this approach it's fail :
@Mixins("MyMixin")
private ActionLink link1;

With this exception !!!
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to resolve mixin
type 'MyMixin' to a component class name.  Available mixin types:
core/DiscardBody, core/RenderDisabled, core/RenderInformals,
me/MyMixin.

The stack trace tell me that MyMixin is registered !!!

Thanks for help ;)

Re: [T5] Mixing usage

Posted by David Avenante <d....@gmail.com>.
Yep it's work fine.
Ok so I presume there is a configuration somewhere to use core by default ;)

Thanks for your help

Re: Measuring time spent on site using tapestry

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
You could do it using a timestamp in an ASO that follows a user.
Similar to having a last-logged-in timestamp.
ASO's that get logged out manually (user initiated) can use
logout_time - last_start_time

ASO's that get logged out automatically (via timeout) can use
logout_time - timeout_length -last_start_time

A simpler version could just use this:
Last Page Impression - ASO creation time

The page impression calculation could be done in a border (aka layout)
component, so you don't have to modify all your pages.

I am planning something similar -- I only need to track page impression counts.

I don't think there is a way (besides wierd javascript) to count the
time that the page is displayed on the screen.  The browser could be
in the background, not being "surfed"

Daniel

Re: [T5] Mixing usage