Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jim Gallacher <jg...@apache.org> on 2005/09/14 05:12:57 UTC

mod_python 3.2.2b available for testing

A new mod_python 3.2.2 beta tarball is now available for testing.
Hopefully this will be the last beta before the official 3.2 release.

Here are the rules:

In order for a file to be officially announced, it has to be tested by
developers on the dev list. Anyone subscribed to this list can (and
should feel obligated to :-) ) test it, and provide feedback *to _this_
  list*! (Not the mod_python@modpython.org list, and preferably not me
personally).

The files are (temporarily) available here:

http://www.modpython.org/dist/

Please download it, then do the usual

$ ./configure --with-apxs=/wherever/it/is
$ make
$ (su)
# make install

Then (as non-root user!)

$ cd test
$ python test.py

And see if any tests fail. If they pass, send a +1 to the list, if they
fail, send the details (the versions of OS, Python and Apache, the test
output, and suggestions, if any).

Thank you,
Jim Gallacher

Re: mod_python 3.2.2b available for testing

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@sympatico.ca>.
Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> OK, I put the tgz and the .exe files on apache.org, let's let them get
> picked up by mirrors, then do the announcement some time tomorrow or
> saturday.
>
> Grisha

I checked a couple of the Canadian mirrors as well as www.eu.apache.org
and 3.2.2b is on all of them. If that is any indication I think we
should be good for Friday.

Jim

Re: mod_python 3.2.2b available for testing

Posted by dharana <dh...@dharana.net>.
+1

Linux 2.6.10
apache 2.0.54
Python 2.4.1

--
dharana

Re: mod_python 3.2.2b available for testing

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
+1

FreeBSD 4.9-RC
apache 2.0.53
Python 2.3.3

Grisha

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
We should give it a couple of days to make sure that no -1's appear. Once
we have a good number of +1's and sufficient time has passed to be
reasonably sure that no -1's are coming, the file will need to placed on
www.apache.org, PGP-signed, given about 24 hours for mirrors to pick it
up; then the download page needs to be regenerated (some XML files edited
and CVS/SVN updated - I'll take care of it and/or give you the details
when we get there). Then we send out an official announcements to all the
usual places - announce@apache.org, mod_python@modpython.org and
comp.lang.python. I'll dig up the earlier announcements.

Grisha

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@sympatico.ca>.
Grisha,

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@sympatico.ca>.
Nicolas has created a windows binary for testing which is also available
at http://www.modpython.org/dist.

Regards,
Jim

Posted by Dominic Wong <do...@syd.microforte.com.au>.
+1

Linux 2.6.9-gentoo-r9
Apache/2.0.54
Python 2.3.5

Dominic Wong

Re: mod_python 3.2.2b available for testing - gentoo ebuild

Posted by John McFarlane <jo...@thinkflat.com>.
Not sure if this is of value, but I installed 3.2.2b on Gentoo (fully up
to date) by creating an ebuild in my overlay and everything is working
perfectly with my codebase.  I am unable to run the test.py as "No
module named testconf" - Undoubtedly fallout from my installation method.

Regards,

John M.

____________________

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1
Windows XP SP2
MSVC 7.1
Python 1.4.1
Apache 2.0.54

(there was a small problem in the version string in mpversion.h, though, but
nothing that cannot be easily corrected for the final release).

Posted by Jorey Bump <li...@joreybump.com>.

Posted by Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu>.
+1

MacOSX 10.4.2
apache-2.0.54
Python-2.4.1

cheers,

Ron

Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu> (RWR3)
University of Delaware Information Technologies/Network and Systems Services
Computing Center/192 South Chapel Street/Newark DE, 19716
pgp finger print: 0D 73 06 6F D3 6A 99 D3  F5 D5 6E FF 3B B9 7C 2C

Re: mod_python 3.2.2b available for testing

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@sympatico.ca>.
+1
Linux Debian Sid
apache 2.0.54