Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 18:27:50 UTC

NotServingRegionException in Pseudo-Distributed Mode

Dear all,

I got an exception as follows when running HBase. My Hadoop is set up in
the pseudo-distributed mode. The exception happens after the system runs
for about one hour.

The specification of NotServingRegionException says "thrown by a region
server if it is sent a request for a region it is not serving". I cannot
figure out how to solve it in my case.

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks so much!
Bing

     [java]
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException: Failed
14 actions: NotServingRegionException: 14 times, servers with issues:
greatfreeweb:60020,
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatchCallback(HConnectionManager.java:1641)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatch(HConnectionManager.java:1409)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:900)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.doPut(HTable.java:777)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:760)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool$PooledHTable.put(HTablePool.java:402)
     [java]     at
com.greatfree.hbase.NeighborPersister.ReplicateNodeNeighbor(NeighborPersister.java:550)
     [java]     at
com.greatfree.hbase.thread.ReplicateNodeNeighborThread.run(ReplicateNodeNeighborThread.java:50)
     [java]     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
     [java]     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
     [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Re: NotServingRegionException in Pseudo-Distributed Mode

Posted by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

By the way, I didn't see any severe exceptions and no any exceptions
related to NotServingRegionException.

Thanks so much!
Bing

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
As specific i dont know the cause as i have not come across this error but
searching i can suggest some links

http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException.html
: Y it happens

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.hadoop.hbase.user/18410

and also check the version compatibility btwn hadoop and hbase and also
check if u have enough space left

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: NotServingRegionException in Pseudo-Distributed Mode

Posted by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com>.
Dear Shashwat,