Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Drukman <js...@cluttered.com> on 2012/05/03 21:22:26 UTC

manager 404

I know absolutely nothing about tomcat but my company has just purchased
a product that uses it, and lucky me, I get to install it!

I set up a brand new Amazon Linux box (basically CentOS with some Amazon
enhancements).  I installed tomcat6 and tomcat6-admin-webapps from yum.

Going to http://server:8080/manager results in a 404 error page

type Status report
message /manager/
description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

There is a manager and host-manager directory in /usr/share/tomcat6/webapps.
Those directories have files like META-INF and WEB-INF in them.

I was able to install the sample app from the tomcat site and that works fine,
but nothing else does.

How do I go about debugging this?

Re: manager 404

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: manager 404

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
>________________________________

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/index.html

Please note that the locations of various files will be different due to the packaging that CentOS does. However, the instructions (and information) should be applicable.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/

Re: manager 404

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Try: http://server:8080/manager/html

> type Status report
> message /manager/
> description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
>
> There is a manager and host-manager directory in /usr/share/tomcat6/webapps.
> Those directories have files like META-INF and WEB-INF in them.
>
> I was able to install the sample app from the tomcat site and that works fine,
> but nothing else does.
>
> How do I go about debugging this?

[key:62590808]

Re: manager 404

Posted by Satish Kumar Geddam <ge...@gmail.com>.
update the tomcat-users.xml and create the users

Re: manager 404

Posted by Jon Drukman <js...@cluttered.com>.

RE: manager 404

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Jon Drukman [mailto:jsd@cluttered.com]
> Subject: manager 404

> I installed tomcat6 and tomcat6-admin-webapps from yum.

Bad choice.  Remove those, then download and install a real Tomcat 7 from tomcat.apache.org.  The third-party repackaged versions of Tomcat garble so much that it's very difficult to provide any kind of support info for them.

 - Chuck