Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Darretta <mi...@metnet.navy.mil> on 2006/01/19 20:25:32 UTC

Forward After response.getOutputStream

Hi again.

I posted a similar question yesterday...thought I'd try again.

Is there a good way to forward a response after calling
response.getOutputStream()? I've done a lot of web searching, and find
the question asked many times. Yet, I've been unsuccessful (or simply
dense) in finding a suitable answer. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use
of e-mail for such purpose.

Re: Forward After response.getOutputStream

Posted by Mike Darretta <mi...@metnet.navy.mil>.
I think your answer suffices for this time, but my original objective
was to:

(1) Execute a download of an output stream for a file built on the fly
(2) Forward to another page indicating the download succeded.

Mike

P.S. Thanks for the posting advice...I thought I was posting to the
entire list.

Laurie Harper wrote:

> Mike Darretta wrote:
>
>> I posted a similar question yesterday...thought I'd try again.
>

> Perhaps you posted that one in the middle of another thread as well?
> Make sure you post new threads as fresh messages, not replies to
> unrelated messages, to make sure they get seen by as many people as
> possible.
>
>> Is there a good way to forward a response after calling
>> response.getOutputStream()? I've done a lot of web searching, and find
>> the question asked many times. Yet, I've been unsuccessful (or simply
>> dense) in finding a suitable answer. Any assistance is appreciated.
>

> No, that's prohibited. Iff the response is buffered you *might* be able
> to reset the output stream and do a forward, but really the solution is
> not to write to the output stream until you know you don't need to do a
> forward.
>
> What are you trying to achieve that's requiring this?
>
> L.

Mike Darretta
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
Sr. Software Engineer