Posted to builds@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/18 11:54:41 UTC

[hudson] Discard config for struts2

Hi,

I noticed that the struts2 job [1] has no configuration to discard old
builds. There are now almost 200 old struts2 builds starting from
early 2009 that take up over 30GB of disk space.

Please configure the build job to discard old builds that are no
longer needed, as excess historical records adversely affect Hudson
performance. A good default setting is to discard old builds after 10
or so days.

Note that interesting builds that for example indicate some previously
unseen regression can be manually tagged to avoid the default discard
rule.

[1] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/struts2/

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [hudson] Discard config for struts2

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please configure the build job to discard old builds that are no
> longer needed, as excess historical records adversely affect Hudson
> performance. A good default setting is to discard old builds after 10
> or so days.

I have now configured the build to discard old builds after 10 days.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,