Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/06 04:04:30 UTC

building felix page in very odd state

Another user has tried to follow the instructions on
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/development/building-felix.html
and failed.  I looked at it and saw:

A basic start to checking-out and building Felix including all sub projects: 1. Download and install the latest Maven 3 release. 1. Check out or update the Felix trunk (i.e., svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk felix). 1. Go to the top of the project and type: "mvn clean install" to build all sub projects. 1. To run the newly built framework, cd into main and type "java -jar bin/felix.jar".

Rev. 1712598 by cziegeler on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:48:20 +0000

I looked at this and it seems moderately ludicrous so I tried to edit it.  The cms editor showed me some completely different text talking about how there’s an ant script to build the whole thing.  I then tried to edit this to point out that building one project at a time is probably what you want to do, and  got a incomprehensible message about an svn conflict.

I have no idea what’s going on and give up.  I think no information would be better than inaccurate and non-editable information.

thanks
david jencks