Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Wijlens, Joris (J.)" <Jo...@uwv.nl> on 2004/11/02 10:02:49 UTC

RuntimeException

Hi,

I' m testing with 1.2RC1 release. I have this test that removes a signed
element and then tries to verify the signature over the removed. In release
1.1 this resulted in a XMLSignatureException and now it results in a
RuntimeException. When the signed element is missing I'd like my software
component to return that the verification failed. What is the rational
behind the XMLSignatureInput throwing a RuntimeException? And if I'm not
happy with that RuntimeException how can I prevent it from being thrown?

Thanks,

Joris Wijlens

Re: RuntimeException

Posted by Raul Benito <ra...@r-bg.com>.
> Hi,
>

> I' m testing with 1.2RC1 release. I have this test that removes a signed
> element and then tries to verify the signature over the removed. In
> release
> 1.1 this resulted in a XMLSignatureException and now it results in a
> RuntimeException. When the signed element is missing I'd like my software
> component to return that the verification failed. What is the rational
> behind the XMLSignatureInput throwing a RuntimeException? And if I'm not
> happy with that RuntimeException how can I prevent it from being thrown?

Can you post the stacktrace so I can see whats happening?
The RuntimeException is intended to be thrown when some path that I don't
think will be taken on normal executions is reached. If it is a usual
error a XMLSignatureException will be raisen.
But first I need to check the stack trace.

Thanks,

Raul
http://r-bg.com