Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/08/11 18:48:39 UTC

Re: Merge bug? Files become directories during merge

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 08:18, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
> Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
>
> > I am currently experiencing a problem with my subversion
> > installation [1], which already occurred [2] with recursive property
> > changes in the past: Files suddenly become directories when they are
> > committed to the repository after a merge.
>
> As suggested by Ben Collins-Sussman on users@ I have created a
> transcript of the svn session causing the problems, which is available
> for download at:
>   http://thilo.ginkel.com/misc/svnlog-short.txt.bz2
>
> Please let me know if you need any additional details.

That's an excellent transcript, thanks.

I'm going crazy trying to reproduce the behavior, however.  I just can't
make it happen.  Can anyone else reproduce this?

Re: Merge bug? Files become directories during merge

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>> I just wrote one :-)
>
> Great!
>
>> svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/bdb/
>
>> ./erase-all-text-data.py <bdb-svn-repository>
>
> However, when I try to run the tool on a copy of my repository, I get
> the following error:
>
> -- 8< --
> # ~/svn-bdb/bdb/erase-all-text-data.py /var/lib/svn/TestRepos/
> WARNING!: This program will destroy all text data in the subversion
> repository '/var/lib/svn/TestRepos/'
> Do not proceed unless this is a *COPY* of your real repository
> If this is really what you want to do, type 'YESERASE' and press Return
> Confirmation string> YESERASE
> Opening database environment...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/root/svn-bdb/bdb/erase-all-text-data.py", line 73, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/root/svn-bdb/bdb/erase-all-text-data.py", line 38, in main
>     ctx.open(DBEnv(), dbhome)
>   File "/root/svn-bdb/bdb/svnfs.py", line 27, in open
>     self.env.open(dbhome, DB_JOINENV)
> bsddb3._db.DBInvalidArgError: (22, 'Invalid argument -- incorrect
arguments
> for name-value pair: set_flags') -- 8< --
>
> I assume this is a libdb{3|4.2} compatibility problem. The local svn
> binary uses libdb-4.2.so whereas python-bsddb3 is apparently linked
> against libdb3.so.3.
>
> Any ideas?

cd svn-trunk/tools/bdb/
wget
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pybsddb/bsddb3-4.2.4.tar.gz
tar zxvf bsddb3-4.2.4.tar.gz
cd bsddb3-4.2.4
python setup.py build
cd ..
ln -s bsddb3-4.2.4/build/lib.*/bsddb3 bsddb3
./erase-all-text-data.py .....

If your bdb-4.2 is installed somewhere unusual, you may need to pass
arguments to setup.py.

Max.

Re: Merge bug? Files become directories during merge

Posted by Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <ma...@tgbyte.com>.
Max Bowsher wrote:

> I just wrote one :-)

Great!

> svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/bdb/

> ./erase-all-text-data.py <bdb-svn-repository>

However, when I try to run the tool on a copy of my repository, I get
the following error:

-- 8< --
# ~/svn-bdb/bdb/erase-all-text-data.py /var/lib/svn/TestRepos/
WARNING!: This program will destroy all text data in the subversion
repository '/var/lib/svn/TestRepos/'
Do not proceed unless this is a *COPY* of your real repository
If this is really what you want to do, type 'YESERASE' and press Return
Confirmation string> YESERASE
Opening database environment...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/svn-bdb/bdb/erase-all-text-data.py", line 73, in ?
    main()
  File "/root/svn-bdb/bdb/erase-all-text-data.py", line 38, in main
    ctx.open(DBEnv(), dbhome)
  File "/root/svn-bdb/bdb/svnfs.py", line 27, in open
    self.env.open(dbhome, DB_JOINENV)
bsddb3._db.DBInvalidArgError: (22, 'Invalid argument -- incorrect arguments for name-value pair: set_flags')
-- 8< --

I assume this is a libdb{3|4.2} compatibility problem. The local svn
binary uses libdb-4.2.so whereas python-bsddb3 is apparently linked
against libdb3.so.3.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Thilo

Re: Merge bug? Files become directories during merge

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Posted by Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <ma...@tgbyte.com>.