Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adrien FOURES <af...@sigems.fr> on 2004/12/21 18:40:29 UTC

How to fire events in a tree component?

Hello

I use the treeSelectionListener, for value change node,
but how can i catch the event when you open a node, is it possible, what is the interfaces to implements?

Because i use this component for data value, and i can not build all the tree before drawn it (to long for user, to much request to database).
I would like to catch the event when an user open node, and inserted child of child in structure. So just build where the user go.

Thank a lot for your help.

x:Tree is it possible to rebuild tree and restore node open

Posted by Adrien FOURES <af...@sigems.fr>.
Hello,

I use x:tree in the 1.0.7 myfaces implementation.
I want to know, if is it possible to remove a node ( so with his child ),
rebuild it, insert it into the tree, refresh the model (structured changed)
, and ... re-open all node of tree which are open after update.

Because, my tree is building with database source. I would like to use the
same function to build or to refresh it. But how i can refresh it, and
restore all the node open in the same time?

Thanks a lot for your repply.

Re: How to fire events in a tree component?

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
Adrien FOURES wrote:

> Hello
>
> I use the treeSelectionListener, for value change node,
> but how can i catch the event when you open a node, is it
> possible, what is the interfaces to implements?

Adrien,

there is no hook in the current tree implementation to catch
expand/collapse events.  Besides, it is not necessary to build the
complete tree in advance. It is also possible to implement the tree
model in a way where children of a node are loaded just on demand.

Oliver

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant