Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dylan Spence <dy...@comcast.net> on 2004/03/17 19:50:50 UTC

Tapestry Application - Single or Multiple

I am trying to work out the architecture for an Extranet and/or Intranet site.  How is this commonly handled, with regards to Tapestry applications?

I saw that most of the applications deal with one application at a time.  So should I view the Extranet as an application, or should I make multiple Tapestry servlets up in the web.xml for each one of the systems that will comprise the Extranet system?

Re: Tapestry Application - Single or Multiple

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I think the solution is not clear-cut.  More than likely, I'm guessing,
the deciding factor will be how you handle security.  If you are using
J2EE declarative web security, separate applications is the best way to
accommodate I've found.

But if you have your own security system, then you have more control.

If you have an intranet site, though, perhaps it should be on its own
firewalled server?

	Erik