Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jay Wright <jw...@once.com> on 2002/12/19 23:47:48 UTC

Dynamic DataSources

I see in the documentation for Tomcat that all DataSources are defined in
server.xml, then made accessible to webapps through web.xml files.

Is it possible to dynamically create a DataSource?

Jay

Re: Dynamic DataSources

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Jay,

Theoretically, yes...through the Tomcat Admin application.  You are
using DBCP datasources, right?

Jake

JW> I see in the documentation for Tomcat that all DataSources are defined in
JW> server.xml, then made accessible to webapps through web.xml files.

JW> Is it possible to dynamically create a DataSource?

JW> Jay

JW> --

Best regards,