Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/07/01 17:17:32 UTC

[Installers] Wondering if we should integrate Chris' enhancements

Hi Chris,

Perhaps you can let us know whether or not you want to merge your
enhancements to
the installers and bootstrappers which now uses the Tanuki wrapper instead
of procrun
and jsvc.

No pressure here and if you would like to push this off until 1.5.2 that's
understandable.
This would buy us more time to test things.  However remember that 1.5.x is
a feature
release branch and thus it's OK to have some bumps in the road.  This way we
can get
some feedback on your work then quickly fix any issues in 1.5.2 if we do
release this
in 1.5.1.  Both scenarios are OK with me.

Alex

Re: [Installers] Wondering if we should integrate Chris' enhancements

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Chris, don't worry. We won't release 1.5.1 before mid-july, at best.

Sacrificing the deb packages would be a great loss... (we are almost
all using Ubuntu now ;)

Emmanuel

On 7/1/07, Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> wrote:
> I would like to try to get this in 1.5.1.  What I need to do is test the
> Windows installers and see what needs to be done there.  If I sacrifice the
> Debian .deb packages, I should be able to get everything tested and merged.
> If I don't get it done by the end of the week we can push it off but I will
> give it a shot.
>
> Chris
>

> On 7/1/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1 for me too.
> >
> > If you feel like pushing them to 1.5.1, then it's ok.
> >
> > On 7/1/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hi Chris,
> > >
> > > Perhaps you can let us know whether or not you want to merge your
> > > enhancements to
> > > the installers and bootstrappers which now uses the Tanuki wrapper
> instead
> > > of procrun
> > > and jsvc.
> > >
> > > No pressure here and if you would like to push this off until 1.5.2
> that's
> > > understandable.
> > > This would buy us more time to test things.  However remember that 1.5.x
> is
> > > a feature
> > > release branch and thus it's OK to have some bumps in the road.  This
> way we
> > > can get
> > > some feedback on your work then quickly fix any issues in 1.5.2 if we do
> > > release this
> > > in 1.5.1.  Both scenarios are OK with me.
> > >
> > > Alex
> > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Cordialement,
> > Emmanuel Lécharny
> > www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Installers] Wondering if we should integrate Chris' enhancements

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me too.

If you feel like pushing them to 1.5.1, then it's ok.

On 7/1/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Perhaps you can let us know whether or not you want to merge your
> enhancements to
> the installers and bootstrappers which now uses the Tanuki wrapper instead
> of procrun
> and jsvc.
>
> No pressure here and if you would like to push this off until 1.5.2 that's
> understandable.
> This would buy us more time to test things.  However remember that 1.5.x is
> a feature
> release branch and thus it's OK to have some bumps in the road.  This way we
> can get
> some feedback on your work then quickly fix any issues in 1.5.2 if we do
> release this
> in 1.5.1.  Both scenarios are OK with me.
>
> Alex

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com