Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/05/03 11:43:13 UTC

mod_perl

HI,

I don't manage installing mod_perl.
I guess I really need some expanation abouthow does it work to
succeed it. I saw severals command lines depending on previous
installed modules, using APXS or not, warning concerning rpm...
But perl Makefile.PL and a make install don't actually work for me.
I answer /usr/insclude/apache at the prompt when asking for source
of apache, but I put it with the spirit of hope & luck flying above
my head ! Not really serious...|o[
So I guess i need some explanation about apache when using mod_perl,
at a fresh install or when still configurated.

I don't wish having a command line that I don't understand even if
it permit myself using mod_perl.
So if someone have a time dedicated to this I will be greatly pleased.

Thx all
ism

Re: mod_perl

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ismael Touama wrote:

> HI,
>
> I don't manage installing mod_perl.
> I guess I really need some expanation abouthow does it work to
> succeed it. I saw severals command lines depending on previous
> installed modules, using APXS or not, warning concerning rpm...
> But perl Makefile.PL and a make install don't actually work for me.
> I answer /usr/insclude/apache at the prompt when asking for source
> of apache, but I put it with the spirit of hope & luck flying above
> my head ! Not really serious...|o[
> So I guess i need some explanation about apache when using mod_perl,
> at a fresh install or when still configurated.
>
> I don't wish having a command line that I don't understand even if
> it permit myself using mod_perl.
> So if someone have a time dedicated to this I will be greatly pleased.

Here some links that may help you get mod_perl installed.
apachetoolbox can do it for you, or you can follow the directions
from the guide or the mod_perl cookbook

  http://www.modperlcookbook.org/chapters/ch01.pdf
  http://www.apachetoolbox.com/
  http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html