Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/01 20:28:48 UTC

Modifying Sitemap Causes Server Down Time!

Hi guys,

I was running Cocoon 2.1.1 (a dev release from 1 week after the official
release of 2.1) and I just changed my serializer in one of my pipelines to
"html" from "xml" (it was supposed to be set to "html"), and then after that
the server doesn't respond to any requests at all.  I just get incessant
timeouts and stopping/restarting Tomcat doesn't work.  I have to actually
reboot our server and start Tomcat again to get it to work.

As you might imagine, this wastes all kinds of dev time, causes server
downtime, and is just plain annoying.  What could be wrong?  I thought the
sitemap is supposed to editable while Tomcat/Cocoon are running?  I only
changed 2 chars....

Thanks!

Sonny