Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com> on 2009/12/16 11:27:00 UTC

unregistering nodetypes, Name impl

Unregistration of nodetypes requires using an
org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.Name instance, but there's no class
implementing this interface available, only the private NameImpl class
in NameFactoryImpl.

Is there any other way of removing a nodetype except providing my own
Name impl? Maybe the NameImpl class should be made public?

--
-Tor

Re: unregistering nodetypes, Name impl

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/16 Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com>:
>> We might do soon, but isn't the automatic upgrade issue still
>> unresolved in beta4?
>
> Specifically this one;
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2243

We've already fixed most of the upgrade issues, so it might already
work just fine. I just haven't had a chance yet to verify this so the
bug isn't closed yet. It would be great if you or someone else could
test the upgrade and report back your results by commenting on the
JCR-2243 issue.

> What exactly is the issue with older repositories?

There have been some changes for example in how the persisted item
states refer to the declaring node types and other areas that had to
be updated to support new JCR 2.0 features. Not all of those changes
were backwards compatible at first, but we've been able to modify the
code so that it should work correctly also with Jackrabbit 1.x
repositories.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: unregistering nodetypes, Name impl

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com> wrote:
> src torgeir$ jar -tf ~/Downloads/jackrabbit-webapp-2.0-beta4\(2\).war
> META-INF/
> META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> bootstrap/
> [...]
> WEB-INF/lib/concurrent-1.3.4.jar
> WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-1.4.jar
> WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
> WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
> java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
>        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(InflaterInputStream.java:223)
>        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:141)
>        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:146)
>        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(ZipInputStream.java:92)
>        at sun.tools.jar.Main.list(Main.java:885)
>        at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:213)
>        at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1044)
>
> Is the release WAR incomplete?

Works for me. Check that your copy has not been damaged during
download. The SHA1 checksum of the 2.0-beta4 war is
835b546c86ec0599088fb1d09e8ab831bc0938bf.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: unregistering nodetypes, Name impl

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com>.
2009/12/16 Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com>:
> 2009/12/16 Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com> wrote:
>>> Unregistration of nodetypes requires using an
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.Name instance, but there's no class
>>> implementing this interface available, only the private NameImpl class
>>> in NameFactoryImpl.
>>>
>>> Is there any other way of removing a nodetype except providing my own
>>> Name impl? Maybe the NameImpl class should be made public?
>>
>> Why not use NodeTypeManager.unregisterNodeTypes(String[] names) from JCR 2.0?
>
> We might do soon, but isn't the automatic upgrade issue still
> unresolved in beta4?

Specifically this one;

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com>.
2009/12/16 Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com> wrote:
>> Unregistration of nodetypes requires using an
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.Name instance, but there's no class
>> implementing this interface available, only the private NameImpl class
>> in NameFactoryImpl.
>>
>> Is there any other way of removing a nodetype except providing my own
>> Name impl? Maybe the NameImpl class should be made public?
>
> Why not use NodeTypeManager.unregisterNodeTypes(String[] names) from JCR 2.0?

We might do soon, but isn't the automatic upgrade issue still
unresolved in beta4?

Also, what's the status of non-trivial nodetype changes in jackrabbit 2.0?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,