Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vincent Fox <vb...@ucdavis.edu> on 2016/06/27 19:27:15 UTC

Protected Sky?

Hello,

I saw a reference today in my MxToolbox report, to an RBL named
Protected Sky which had like double the listing activity of Spamhaus.
Does anyone know anything about this outfit?

We primarily rely on Spamhaus at present, with some others
thrown in which catch some that Spamhaus doesn't.

Thanks!

Re: Protected Sky?

Posted by Vincent Fox <vb...@ucdavis.edu>.

On 06/27/2016 01:15 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 27.06.2016 um 21:27 schrieb Vincent Fox:
>> I saw a reference today in my MxToolbox report, to an RBL named
>> Protected Sky which had like double the listing activity of Spamhaus.
>> Does anyone know anything about this outfit?
>
> that's a bullshit RBL with large amounts of FP's

I was surprised by activity level and suspected as much.
Wanted to doublecheck.  Thanks.

Re: Protected Sky?

Posted by Merijn van den Kroonenberg <me...@web2all.nl>.
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 16:10:12 +0200
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> Am 28.06.2016 um 16:00 schrieb RW:

>> > Is that on the 127.0.0.3 response?
>>
>> well, i saw a few rejects from our servers (mrons using it to reject
>> unsocred) and got that confirmed from 2 other sysadmins
>>
>> all of the sending machines where on no other RBL and on several DNSWL
>>
>> DUNNO which response they got to reject, but i only took notice that
>> this RBL exists by wrong rejections
>
> The 127.0.0.2 response is only intended for controlling greylisting.

I tested with the 127.0.0.3 yesterday, which is their discard list. But it
triggers on a lot of valid (ham) mail. So not a very useful RBL and if you
use it I would not assign much points...

Re: Protected Sky?

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Protected Sky?

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Re: Protected Sky?

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Protected Sky?

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.
Am 27.06.2016 um 21:27 schrieb Vincent Fox:
> I saw a reference today in my MxToolbox report, to an RBL named
> Protected Sky which had like double the listing activity of Spamhaus.
> Does anyone know anything about this outfit?

that's a bullshit RBL with large amounts of FP's

> We primarily rely on Spamhaus at present, with some others
> thrown in which catch some that Spamhaus doesn't

there are more than enough scoreable RBLs

postscreen_dnsbl_threshold = 8
postscreen_dnsbl_action = enforce
postscreen_greet_action = enforce
postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.10*9
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.14*9
  zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[10;11]*8
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.5*7
  zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[4..7]*7
  b.barracudacentral.org=127.0.0.2*7
  zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.3*7
  dnsbl.inps.de=127.0.0.2*7
  hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.2*4
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.7*4
  bl.spamcop.net=127.0.0.2*4
  bl.spameatingmonkey.net=127.0.0.[2;3]*4
  dnsrbl.swinog.ch=127.0.0.3*4
  ix.dnsbl.manitu.net=127.0.0.2*4
  psbl.surriel.com=127.0.0.2*4
  bl.mailspike.net=127.0.0.[10;11;12]*4
  bl.mailspike.net=127.0.0.2*4
  zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.2*3
  score.senderscore.com=127.0.4.[0..20]*3
  bl.spamcannibal.org=127.0.0.2*3
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.6*3
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.8*2
  hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.4*2
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.9*2
  dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net=127.0.0.2*2
  all.spamrats.com=127.0.0.38*2
  bl.nszones.com=127.0.0.[2;3]*1
  dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net=127.0.0.2*1
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.2*1
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.4*1
  score.senderscore.com=127.0.4.[0..69]*1
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.3*1
  hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.1.2*1
  dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.15*1
  ips.backscatterer.org=127.0.0.2*1
  bl.nszones.com=127.0.0.5*-1
  score.senderscore.com=127.0.4.[90..100]*-1
  wl.mailspike.net=127.0.0.[18;19;20]*-2
  hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.1*-2
  ips.whitelisted.org=127.0.0.2*-2
  list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].0*-2
  dnswl.inps.de=127.0.[0;1].[2..10]*-2
  list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].1*-3