Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aditya <fi...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/22 13:27:45 UTC

IOException occured when talking to solr server

Hello all

I am getting following error. Could anyone throw me some light on it. I am
accessing Solr via Solrj, when there is more load on the server i am
getting this error. Is there any way to overcome this situitation.

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured when
talking to server at: http://localhost/solr
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Server refused connection
at: http://localhost/solr

Once this error is encountered, Tomcat is not responding and i need to
restart the server.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com

Re: IOException occured when talking to solr server

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Could be the size of pool of listeners if this happens only under
load. That's a pure Tomcat setting, look for it there.

But look for the exception in the logs first, it may give better clues.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Sign up for my Solr resources newsletter at http://www.solr-start.com/

Posted by Tomoko Uchida <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/22/2014 5:27 AM, Aditya wrote:
> I am getting following error. Could anyone throw me some light on it. I am
> accessing Solr via Solrj, when there is more load on the server i am
> getting this error. Is there any way to overcome this situitation.
>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured when
> talking to server at: http://localhost/solr
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Server refused connection
> at: http://localhost/solr
>
> Once this error is encountered, Tomcat is not responding and i need to
> restart the server.

One setting in the servlet container that might be responsible here is
maxThreads.  It typically defaults to 200.  It is very easy to exceed
200 threads with Solr, which is why the jetty that's included with Solr
is configured with a maxThreads value of 10000.  Tomcat has this same
setting.

Thanks,
Shawn