Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by java dawg <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/15 05:02:50 UTC

User Question: Using jaxME / jaxB within an EJB Container

Thank you for all the good advise.  I am looking for
more good advice on how to get jaxME working within an
EJB.

I continue to get this error within my jaxME impl:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.namespace.QName: method
<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
not found

errored code within my TestImpl calling:
private final static javax.xml.namespace.QName __qName
= new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://my.domain.com/test/jaxme",
"TEST", "test");

It works fine outside as a java application.  I am
thinking it is my IO limits in EJB.  My EJB container
(WAS 5.0) does not allow file IO within an EJB.

Any assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you,
Duane Adkins

Re: User Question: Using jaxME / jaxB within an EJB Container

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.
java dawg wrote:

> Are you familuar with this QName jar implementation in
> qname.jar?

That most probably matches an elder version. I just notice, that this
class is now even in the J2SE: See

   http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/namespace/QName.html

(Note the constructor with three strings.)

Jochen

--
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050423/1/5/1/+1

Re: User Question: Using jaxME / jaxB within an EJB Container

Posted by java dawg <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, that was very nice.

Using the getLocation method, I was able to find the
conflicting jar located in my WAS app server lib
called qname.jar.  I removed it and replaced it with
jaxmeapi.jar.  This resolved my issues.

I will be happy to do a FAQ on this.  I would like to
make sure I resolved it the correct (best) way...

Are you familuar with this QName jar implementation in
qname.jar?  It just has one class called qname with
the following manifest contents:
Implementation-Version: [ASV502] ptf2M0325.01
Specification-Title: wsdl4j
Specification-Version: 5.0
Implementation-Title: wsdl4j
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5.1
Class-Path: wsdl4j.jar qname.jar
Implementation-Vendor: IBM Corp.
Specification-Vendor: IBM Corp.

As in the docs, QName is part of the XML Schema Part2:
Datatypes specification.  Do you think the
jaxmeapi.jar implementation be sufficent for replacing
ibm's implementation of qname?  It sure does work like
a charm.

It looks like this qname.jar was added as a fix for
something.

Thanks,

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> The following may work as well:
> System.out.println(QName.class.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation());

Uuuh, that's nice!

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
The following may work as well:
System.out.println(QName.class.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation());

-- dims

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.